Intima was specifically designed for female intimate health, but increased sexual satisfaction and treatment of urinary incontinence are an added bonus. The procedure restores elasticity, firmness, and ultimately control of the muscles within the vaginal walls.
What is CO2RE Intima?
CO2RE Intima is a non-surgical laser treatment for vaginal and vulva rejuvenation performed in the clinic. With little to no discomfort and no downtime, it employs a fractional CO2 laser to improve the texture and tone of the vulva, increase vaginal lubrication and comfort, and manage urine incontinence. These issues can arise at any age and for a number of causes, including previous pregnancies and hormonal shifts such as menopause.
The vagina and vulva, as well as the vaginal aperture, can be treated with CO2RE Intima to increase firmness and beauty.
In a 2019 trial of postmenopausal women, researchers found that following two monthly CO2RE treatments, 90% of women exhibited statistically significant improvements in vaginal health. In a 2020 study of women aged 35 to 68, researchers discovered that just two CO2RE Intima treatments resulted in significant reductions in stress and mixed urine incontinence, as well as better sexual function in these women.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of CO2RE Intima?
- The treatments are only approximately 15 minutes long. It may take a bit longer if the area has to be numbed, which is usual when CO2RE Intima is applied externally.
- Minimal discomfort when applied internally to treat the vaginal area; no numbing is required.
- CO2RE Intima reviews are largely positive, with doctors indicating high patient satisfaction.
- One treatment is frequently enough to observe results.
- There is no downtime involved with the treatment, and you may resume your normal activities right afterwards (with the exception of abstaining from intercourse for a week).
- The CO2RE Intima Laser can be uncomfortable when used externally to enhance the look of the vulva.
- For the greatest effects, many sessions are suggested.
- CO2RE Intima treatment is costly, and to keep the results, annual follow-up treatments are typically required. Insurance normally does not cover it.
- Certain vaginal issues are not addressed by the treatment. CO2RE causes skin contraction to be restricted, and labial asymmetry may necessitate surgery to correct the outer tissues (labiaplasty).
IS THE CO2RE INTIMA TREATMENT A PAINFUL EXPERIENCE?
It’s a fully noninvasive procedure, and the majority of patients report a pleasant, warming sensation throughout.
IS CO2RE INTIMA VAGINAL REJUVENATION SAFE?
CO2RE Intima is a safe, non-ablative procedure, so the device’s built-in laser technology penetrates deep beyond the outermost layers of the skin, preventing burns and damage on the skin’s surface.
WHEN CAN I EXPECT TO SEE RESULTS FROM CO2RE INTIMA?
Some patients experience noticeable changes after a single CO2RE Intima treatment session. However, we suggest that all patients complete the recommended four rounds of treatment for the best results.
HOW LONG DO RESULTS LAST FROM CO2RE INTIMA?
Most women experience results from CO2RE Intima that last up to six months. Dr. Marwah’s Clinic recommends an additional touch-up treatment after six months to extend and maintain the initial results.