Cosmetic surgery, may it be anything, is a life-changing and confidence-gaining course of action. Whether you are undergoing surgery to eliminate your freckles or acne marks or scars, or to even down your skin tone by abolishing skin pigmentation, or are getting your skin tightened by eradicating the fine lines and wrinkles, or getting a new hairline, cosmetic surgery brings out a new you that is beautiful to look at and confident to feel! All these methods can be used effectively to enhance your beauty, provided that you are booking your treatment sessions with the best skin laser specialist in Mumbai; one like Dr. Marwah’s Clinic. Here, you can have cosmetic surgeries of almost every kind. The most common procedures executed here include skin pigmentation disorder treatment, acne scar treatment, skin rejuvenation includes face neck and body toning, Thermage, vaginal tightening, tattoo removal, hair removal, and importantly anti-ageing includes Injectables Fillers and Botulinum and Hair transplant over scalp, beard, eyebrows.
However, there are a few things you need to take care before and after undergoing any kind of cosmetic surgery to ensure the lowest risks and the best outcomes. Although your doctor will provide you with a set of instructions for both pre and post surgery care, here is a general list of instructions that we can help you with.
There are few steps and precautions to be taken before the procedures. For example,
- You need to avoid smoking and any intake of alcohol, at least a daybefore Injectables and PRP and 10 days before hair transplant.
- You need to wash your scalp and avoid topicals for scalp like Minoxidil before PRP (1 day) and Hair trasplant (10 days)
- You need to stop taking medications that may contain aspirin, ibuprofen (pain killers), blood thinners, and Vitamin E, at least 10 days before surgery like Hair transplant.
- Before any Lasers– need to avoid creams which may dry the skin and contain retinoids 2 days prior to the appointment. You need to moisturize your skin regularly and Sunscreen application is fine.
Once you are done with the procedure or surgery, there are few precautions to be taken. Along with the precautions list given to you by your surgeon or doctor, you also need to make sure you follow these safety measures.
- Make sure you have complete rest for the first 24 hours and follow medications after Hair transplant.
- As long as you are on post-surgery medications (Hair transplant) , avoid alcohol completely.
- In case you experience severe pain, bleeding, double vision, high fever, difficulty in breathing, increasing swelling, or discoloration at the incision site, immediately call your doctor.
- Post Lasers– Avoid topical creams like Retinoids, which may cause dryness for 2 days.
- Step up your sunscreen application and moisturize the areas thoroughly.
- After Injectables– avoid bending or lifting heavy objects on the same day. Skip aggressive exercises for 48 hours and don’t indulge in facials for 7 days.
- After PRP-scalp wash to be done after 24 hours. If headache or heaviness is felt plain Paracetamol can be taken.
With these pre- and post-surgery care tips, your face and body will definitely recover faster and better. So, make sure to follow them, along with the prescriptions and precautions given to you by your doctor. Any kind of inconsideration on your part may lead to disapproving results!